Wednesday, January 4, 2012

No, thanks.

Another resolution I made of late (at Christmas, in fact) was to unsubscribe to all of the superfluous email newsletters, updates and advertisements I receive on an annoyingly frequent basis.

Some of these are communiques I subscribed to when the material was of high interest (or I was getting something for the submission of information). Some of it, however, found its way to my Inbox via spamming, hacking and who knows what other nefarious means. In either case, the load had gotten so heavy that I probably spent the same amount of time pressing "Delete" as I did reading valid messages. And somehow, this process had become so integrated in my day-to-day that I thought very little of it - until I did.

Suddenly, the reality of seconds adding up to minutes (and very likely significant portions of an hour) struck.

Well, no more! I have begun to reclaim my virtual sanity - and my phone and I are able to spend more quality time... apart.

No comments: