Saturday, January 7, 2012

Just Another Day In Paradise

Here’s the bevy of books my husband brought home from the Library, a couple of days ago.



Here he is, today, constructing a composting toilet for 31505.



Here’s the compost outlet I found this afternoon, upon arriving at the lake.



If you’ve read any of my posts from our first year in Oklahoma, you’ll know that we’ve had a long-standing high interest in sustainable lifestyles. When we moved from Shawnee to Oklahoma City almost three years ago, however, those focuses fell secondary to professional and personal wanderings.

On many occasions, we considered (and even thought we had decided to) sell(ing) 31505. But every time we’d get our feet back on the sandy red earth, our hearts would toll like cathedral bells – and there was nothing to be done.

Now, there’s plenty to do! “We’re back” is a cliché yet appropriate terming. Although I can’t say I’m equally as jazzed as Chad, with regards to the mechanics of our composting toilet – I am in complete agreement that our conventional systems leave a lot to be desired.

Here are some other pictures from my day at the lake, with Nieran.

I got our temple bell hung



... and was gifted a very delicate gem.



No comments: