Wednesday, January 18, 2012

C

Were I a teacher set to grade the execution of my resolution thusfar, I would give an A for the first week of January - and an F for the second. Fortunately, that still leaves me centered in the game (and really, I'm never out of it) - so here goes my upward climb.

I didn't go to the lake last week, and I find it to be a much more creative environment. Perhaps after the renovation of our duplex, I'll establish some artistic disciplines in the city.

Our renters have purchased a house and are set to relocate in under a week. It's a very exciting time for them - and us, as well. We'll be moving next door to 2520, and finally give 2522 the makeover she deserves. The spaces are basically mirror images of each other - so it will be funny that everything is essentially backwards for us.

Our previous homes only ever came to completion upon our plan to put them on the market. It's refreshing to think that we'll get to experience the finished product for ourselves. It's also refreshing to feel that our current situation is one we're content with, and able to envision as a constant for quite some time.

When I was at the lake a couple of weeks ago, I pulled all of my old pictures off the computer we used in Nashville and while living at 31505. I haven't taken the opportunity to flip through them, reminiscing (I know it will be an emotion and lengthy session) - but why not break the barrier and post a few, now?

In the spirit of this entry, here's our residential history, in photo frames.

The first house we bought - 199 Manchester Avenue. This was our first yard sale.


The Dining Room and Murray at 199 (our "Cantina").


Our Bedroom at 199 (and Josey).


There's so much to sift through (and I was right - I get caught up in the memories)! I'm going to save our other places for my next couple of entries.

No comments: